Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Happy New Year! (and 2014 Goals)
Happy New Year!! Hope your New Year's Eve was a good time! We had a low-key NYE--dinner with friends and then drinks and Seacrest at our House in the Heights. After a 5-hour drive home from visiting family, it was a perfect way to ring in the new year!
My favorite part was Billy Joel after the ball dropped. I think I need to resolve to see him at MSG this year. And, speaking of resolutions, I have some 2014 goals to share!
House Goals 2014
- Get more organized. Our house is basically neat, but there are several areas of controlled chaos. I have some ideas to get them more under control.
- Install a mantle over our fireplace. I simply MUST have a mantle for holiday decorating next year.
- Replace the carpet with tile in our kitchen, hall bath, or master bath. Preferably all 3, but I'm being real about what we can tackle in a year.
- Finally find an 8x8 rug that I love for the dining room.
- Turn the spare bedroom into a more functional space.
- Acid stain the concrete on our front porch (and maybe our patio!).
-Stencil a wall in our master bedroom.
Blog Goals 2014
- Grow! Make it to 1,000 followers on at least one social media platform. You guys can help with this one by using the aqua media buttons on the right side of the page.
-Use social media more effectively. I really need to figure out Twitter.
-Write 200 posts in 2014.
-Share more of my personal life on the blog.
-Build relationships with bloggers that I admire.
Obviously, I have some personal goals as well. I should probably be sharing them with you as part of my goal to share more of my personal life on the blog. So...the big one is to try in-vitro fertilization and finally get pregnant in 2014.
Big year ahead, people. Big. Year.
So what about you? What are your 2014 goals?