Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Favs 26

Happy Friday!  I'm particularly excited this Friday because Mr. M. is coming home tonight after being away for work all week, AND we are making homemade ice cream to celebrate my birthday this weekend. YUM.  Oh....and I'm pretty much always excited to sleep in on weekend mornings.

Sooo......let's get the weekend rollin' with some Friday Favs!!

Fav #1
My TopStyler.  I'll be honest.  I kind of suck at doing anything to my hair...and I generally don't experiment with it all that much.  But even I can handle the TopStyler.  All I have to do is blow-dry and then wrap sections of my hair around two or three fingers, clipping each curl with C-shells that heat up in 3-5 minutes. When I unclip my hair, I suddenly have tons of pretty curls and body! The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and is amazingly simple.  Which is pretty much all that I'm capable of.  Check it out here.


Fav #2
Target's Cartwheel program. How did I not know about this?!  Cartwheel offers fantastic savings on tons of items in Target!  Some of the discounts are exclusive to Cartwheel and ALL discounts can be stacked on top of regular sales, coupons and other Target savings!  My current fav deals?  40% Giada de Laurentiis cookware and cutlery and 15% off mirrors and art.  But there's SO much more!!


Fav #3
Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm.  This. Lipstick. Is. Amazing.  I actually just started wearing lipstick regularly in the last few weeks. Until recently, I always felt kind of weird wearing anything other than a neutral lip.  Almost like I was pretending to be an adult or something.  But since I actually AM an adult (even though I rarely feel like one), I'm giving it a try.  And  it's actually kind of amazing how much more pulled-together I feel by adding something as simple as lipstick! Plus, this two-in-one version is perfect.  The stain goes on first and is very pigmented and dry, while the balm moisturizes and seems to bring the color down to a more wearable shade that feels like lip balm. I've been using Midnight, which looks dark to start, but quickly evens out to a wearable, berry color. The best part is that it lasts for hours! Yesterday's test run lasted 7 hours through talking, several bottles of water, and even an aerobics class.  I can't wait to try a new shade!



Have a great weekend!!

 photo signature_zps64b784cd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment