Monday, January 20, 2014

What We Ate {Mashed Potato Puffs}

I'll be perfectly honest.  I make mashed potatoes from scratch exactly one time each year:  New Year's Day. They're a must to pair with our traditional pork and sauerkraut, and year after year, I tell myself 'If I'm going to go to all the work to make these suckers, then I'm going to make a big batch.

One problem.  I'm not really a big fan of leftover mashed potatoes.  So this year, I combined my leftover potatoes with some other yummy ingredients and baked them in single-sized portions, creating hot and crispy mashed potato puffs.  They were so good!!



Mashed Potato Puffs

4 cups mashed potatoes
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
3 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
3 Tbs. chives
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt
Pepper



Combine eggs, sour cream and cheeses.  Stir mixture into leftover mashed potatoes. Stir in chives and salt/pepper to taste.  


Spoon mixture into greased cupcake pan, filling each spot about 3/4 full.  


Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  Let cool for 5-10 minutes and turn puffs out of pan.  Serve hot.


I froze the leftover puffs and am going to try to reheat them for quick weeknight sides.  Hopefully they freeze well!!

 photo signature_zps64b784cd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment