The living room is one of my favorite spaces in our home. It is my quiet sanctuary where I can read, drink coffee, or watch a storm as it rolls through (often all at the same time). It was one of the last rooms we turned our attention to, so this room sat empty for the first few years that we lived here. Here's the journey to this point (because, like every other room in this place, it's a continuing work in progress)!!
While we were unpacking from the move, the living room was our dumping ground for everything we had yet to put away.
But we hate having a bunch of random stuff sitting around, so pretty soon, it became a ghost town. We had no furniture in here for the first three years that we lived here!! We had moved out of an apartment, so we didn't have a ton of furniture. Our living room furniture ended up in the family room, so we had a large, empty room for years. And since it has a whole wall of windows, our neighbors probably thought we were minimalists or something.
- Replace or recover the lampshade
- Get some artwork on that purple wall, and possibly above the TV
- Style the entertainment center
- Hang some sort of pendant lighting over the chair/ottoman
- Consider window treatments (or maybe not, sometimes I kind of like the simplicity of naked windows)
- Move the big feathers on the console table to the bedroom, and replace with something large. Possibly a white ceramic elephant, if I can find one in my budget. (I'm not kidding, I've fallen in love with TWO, but couldn't bring myself to pay for them).