Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Favs 2

Happy Friday all!  Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend planned!  Here are some things that have been rocking my world lately!

Fav #1
This chalkboard entry foyer by Carmel at Our Fifth House.  I'm honestly not a lover of chalkboard (I hate chalk dust), but she has won me over with this fantastic entryway!  She changes her message with the season/holidays, and incorporates cool gold accents into all of her messages.  And that gold chair is pretty amazing, too.  I just love it (in fact, her whole house is just gorgeous)!



Fav #2
Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle.  Many of you know that I practically live in the pool in the summer, which can be a killer on your hair.  I love this spray because it protects from sun damage while I'm swimming and acts as a great detangler when I'm done.  I love the scent, and while normally my hair looks cray cray if I let it dry naturally, I swear if my hair dries naturally after I've sprayed it with this stuff, it just looks.....better.  It's a Birchbox exclusive, but you dont' have to subscribe to Birchbox to purchase their products. Find it here. And if you haven't subscribed to Birchbox, do it already!  For only $10 a month, you receive a monthly box packed with amazing samples tailored to your beauty preferences, plus plenty of opportunities to earn discounts on purchasing full size products.  I have rarely received a product that I haven't loved, and there's no commitment, so you can end your subscription at any time.  If you decide to subscribe, here's the link, and let them know I referred you!
Fav #3
Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds.  Has anyone tried these? OMG. I didn't know they existed until a few weeks ago.  I think they are seasonal so if coconut is your thing, you'd better hurry up and find some!
 
 
 
Fav #4
 This pin linking to a tutorial on concrete leaf casting and coloring.  Wouldn't these look amazing on your patio?  Or as hanging art outside?  It looks pretty simple, too!  I'd love to give it a try!!



Fav #5
Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art's Annual Nature and Art Festival.  We try to attend every year, and had such a blast this past weekend.  It's filled with informational sessions about wildlife, nature, local history and art, and there are tons of hands-on activities, which would make it great place to bring kids.  There are also tons of craft and food vendors, offering some really unique products. If you have any interest in nature at all, I would really suggest that you check it out!
 
 This year we built another bluebird box for our yard, browsed the shopping area, and sat in on an informational session about honey bees, which was fascinating.   Any anyone who knows me knows that I'm terrified of bees, so it's not like I'm going to start my own bee colony anytime soon. But learning more about those little suckers was fun, and I'm all about learning more about nature!



Have a fabulous weekend! I have some great plans, I hope you do too!

2 comments: