Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What We Ate {Coconut Cream Cupcakes}

I'm pretty sure that I was supposed to have been born somewhere tropical.  I love sun, sand, fresh fish and seafood, the concept of 'island time'.....and coconut. 

I LOVE coconut.
So it's no surprise that I love these cupcakes....I think you will too!


Ingredients
1 box white cake mix
3 egg whites, beaten
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 bag (8 oz.) shredded coconut
15 oz. can cream of coconut
1 2/3 cup milk
1 container Cool Whip
1 box Cream of Coconut Jello Pudding Mix

Mix cake mix with egg whites, oil, 1 1/3 cup milk, and 4 oz. coconut.  Pour mixture into cupcake pan lined with 12 cupcake wrappers.  Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove from oven and poke holes in each cupcake using a fork.  Stir cream of coconut well, and then spoon over top of each hot cucake.  Place cupcake pans in the refrigerator to allow cupcakes to cool and cream of coconut to soak into each cupcake.  

Combine Cool Whip with pudding mix using a mixer, adding 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, using as much as needed to reach allow pudding mix to blend and reach desired consistency. Frost cooled cupcakes, and sprinkle with remaining 4 oz. of shredded coconut. 

I'll admit that these cupcakes are kind of messy, but OMG they are so delicious!

Hope you love them!


 photo signature_zps64b784cd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment