Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gold Rush

You guys have probably figured out by now that I really love gold. I mean, I've only blogged about stuff that I've gilded here, here, here and here.

Well...my gold obsession (and, I suspect, the gold trend) isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The latest victim of the 'gold war'?  A simple, white bowl that I picked up for a few bucks at Pottery Barn Outlet.



I used my favorite liquid gilding to free-hand a simple design on the inside of the bowl, and painted a solid triangle of gold on the outside edge.  


My unsteady hand and the paintbrush resulted in imperfect lines and finish, but I kind of like that!  It gives the bowl a hand-made vibe.


To be honest, I kind of love ALL metallic accents.  Gold, copper, chrome...I'm there.

What about you?  What's your fav metallic finish?

Linking Up At

 photo signature_zps64b784cd.jpg

2 comments: